MS Outlook knows for the bets email administrator across the world. It has many brilliant features. But there are times when MS Outlook shows some glitches, and Outlook PST cannot be found is one of them. This error generally occurs while opening the MS Outlook. So, here is the full detail of the error, its causes, and how to solve it. So, have a look.
Causes of Outlook PST cannot be found an error:
PST is an Outlook data file that stores your mails, contacts, and events. And when this file is unavailable or corrupt, then users face the Outlook PST cannot be found issues. Here is a list of causes of error:
- Computer Virus/Malware attack
- Internet server problem
- Synchronization error
- Bad sectors on the hard drive
- Sudden closure of Outlook due to a power outage
- Large-sized PST file
- The conflict between Outlook software and other software
All these are some reasons that are responsible for the outlook pst cannot be found the issue. Now, let’s look at the solution to fix the error.
Some Solutions to fix the outlook pst cannot be found an error
Method 1: Use the Inbox Repair tool
This tool helps to remove the damage or corrupt pst file. Here are the steps to use it.
- First, launch the SCANPST.EXE file.
- Next, click on the Browse button.
- And then, locate the .pst file.
- Now, click on the Open button.
- You need to click on the Start button.
- Last, a user needs to select the Repair button.
Method 2: Check you Outlook
One of the main reasons for this issue is an overloaded mailbox. So, in that case, a user needs to remove the unnecessary files and folders. A user must careful that he does not exceed the size limit of 15 GB. So, check your file size and remove the unnecessary one. Here are the steps to it:
- Go to File option
- Select Mailbox Cleanup
- Then, click on the View Mailbox Size
- Now, click on the account under the Folder tab.
- And then, click on the Folder properties.
- Select Folder size.
Here, see how much size is used and remove the unnecessary and unwanted file or folder. A user can delete files like:
- Unnecessary emails in your inbox
- Emails attached with unimportant images, or other documents
- Clean junk folder
We hope the article is helpful for the users, and they can fix the Outlook PST cannot be found the issue by using the method given and use their Outlook mail for the work. We wish that the above article is quite helpful for you to rectify this issue as soon as possible.
Outlook errors and their Solution
- Open PST file in outlook
- Import PST file in outlook
- Outlook Error OX800CCCOE
- Outlook error 0x800ccc92
- Outlook error 0x80040115