This MS Outlook error occurs when your PST data files are having some permission restriction to access those data files in the account. Due to the error, users may get stuck and would not complete their work. Well, this outlook error you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation occurs in two cases.
And these two cases are:
- After Microsoft Windows OS update: There are instances when after Microsoft Windows OS update, many Outlook users confront this error.
- Permission to access Outlook PST file: In case users forgot to set the permission to access the Outlook PST file, then users end up facing this Outlook error.
Now, look at some solutions to fix the outlook error you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation
Method 1: Run Outlook as Administrator
To fix the error, first, try to run Outlook as an administrator.
- Close Outlook application and navigate to Start Menu.
- And then enter “Outlook.exe” in the search field.
- Next, the Outlook program will arise.
- A user needs to right-click it and select the “Run as Administrator” option from the context menu.
- Now, run Outlook as an administrator.
- After running as admin, a user can try to open the Outlook data file again.
- Now, check the error, and If the error persists, a user should try other methods.
Method 2: Repair Office
- Begin with closing all Office applications and then go to Start Menu.
- And then enter the Control Panel option.
- Here, a user is required to click on the Uninstall a program.
- Next, a user is required to locate the MS Office program.
- Right-click it and select the Change option.
- A new window will pop up.
- A user needs to select the repair option and click Continue.
Method 3: Create a New Outlook Profile
- A user can solve this issue by creating a new Outlook Profile as a corrupted Outlook profile.
- Initially, go to the Control Panel option.
- Next, a user needs to choose the Mail icon.
- Select Show Profiles in the new dialog box.
- Create a New Outlook Profile
- A user needs to choose the Add button and then follow the instructions to set up email accounts.
Outlook error you don’t have appropriate permission to perform this operation is one of the common errors of Outlook, and we hope all these given methods help the users to get rid of the issue. A user can also resolve it by using the Outlook Data File Repair Tool. So, fix the error using the appropriate method.
More Outlook Errors with Solution:
- Outlook PST cannot be found?
- Make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails?
- Outlook error 0x800ccc0d