Outlook error ‘the operation failed an object cannot be found’ is one of the common errors of Outlook and this error usually encounter by the users while sending emails. A corrupted Outlook data file and Misconfiguration in Outlook profile are some reasons due to which this issue arises. In this article, we talked about How to fix outlook error the operation failed an object cannot be found.
There are various troubleshooting solutions available to fix the error.
Some solutions to fix the outlook error the operation failed an object cannot be found
Method 1: Check Outlook Compatibility mode
A user needs to make sure that Outlook isn’t in Compatibility mode. And if it is, follow the given steps:
- Initially, go to the Start Menu and type outlook.exe in the search box.
- Next, right-click on the program.
- And then, click on the Properties option.
- Now, a user is required to go to the Compatibility tab.
- Here, a user needs to check whether the “Run this program in compatibility mode” is selected or not.
- And if it is selected, a user needs to uncheck it and then restart Outlook.
Method 2: Create a new profile
A corrupted Outlook profile is one of the root causes of the errors, so to fix the error, a user should try to create a new profile.
- Navigate to the Start menu and then select the Control Panel option.
- In the next step, double-click on the Mail icon.
- And then, in the Mail Setup dialog box, a user needs to click on the Show Profile option.
- It will open a New Profile dialog box. Here, a user needs to enter a descriptive type of name for the new profile.
- Click on the OK option.
- After that, a user needs to select the Add a new e-mail account in the e-mail options.
- Click on the Next option to proceed further.
- Next, select the type of server on which the e-mail account works, and then click on the Next option.
- Now, a user needs to enter all the required details.
- Last, click on the Finish button.
Method 3: Repair Outlook
Here are the steps to Repair Outlook. So, have a look:
- Navigate to the Start Menu and then type ‘appwix.cpl’ in the search bar.
- In the new window, click on the Microsoft Office option.
- And then, click on the Change option.
- A user is required to select the Repair option.
- Click to continue to start Repair.
- Last, restart Outlook.
We wish the article helps you to fix the outlook error the operation failed an object cannot be found. And all these methods are simple and easy, so try them and get rid of your issue.
Outlook Error with Solutions:
- Outlook PST cannot be found?
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails?
- Fix outlook not sending emails?