The PST file, also known as Personal Storage Table. Itis a data file that saved and stored the copies of calendar events, personal messages, and other Outlook data and items, etc. Because of an extraordinary UI, mistakes as such are typically disregarded by clients once they have managed it. In this article, we will tell you the best way to get over this issue without experiencing difficulty. In this article you will get to know How to fix outlook error ‘pst cannot be found‘?
This ‘PST cannot be found’ happen because of an adulterated or larger than average PST record or data. Numerous clients have announced that they are getting the said blunder message at whatever point they attempt to open Microsoft Outlook. This will in general occur if an activity before the rise of the blunder message undermined your Outlook establishment records.
CAUSES OF ‘PST CANNOT BE FOUND’
- Corrupted PST files- As we mentioned above, corrupted files are the major reason for showing the message of the pst file cannot be found.
- Damaged Outlook files- At times, a specific activity of yours can cause the standpoint records to get harmed. In such a case, fixing the establishment will fix the issue.
- Slow internet connection: one of the main reasons for this issue is a slow internet connection. Your internet should be fast so that these types of errors cannot deploy your Outlook PST file.
After knowing some of the causes of this issue, it is important to know some of the ways by which you can fix the outlook error ‘pst cannot be found’.
Some of the troubleshooting steps to solve outlook error ‘pst cannot be found’:
Method 1: Use the Inbox Repair tool
This tool helps to remove the damage or corrupt pst file. Here are the steps to use it.
- First, launch the SCANPST.EXE file.
- Next, click on the Browse button.
- And then, locate the .pst file.
- Now, click on the Open button.
- You need to click on the Start button.
- Last, a user needs to select the Repair button.
Method 2: Check the Outlook Setting
- Open Outlook and go to the Account Setting option.
- In the next step, select the name of the mailbox.
- Select the Change button.
- Now, click on the More Settings option under the Change Account box.
- Choose the Outgoing server tab.
- And then, you need to tab “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Last, check the port numbers of POP3 and SMTP connection.
We wish that this article helps you to know some of the steps to rectify this issue as soon as possible. It is important to have a strong internet connection for the smooth functioning of the device. You need to restart the device after making any changes in the settings. Therefore, We wish that through this article users get to solve the outlook error ‘pst cannot be found‘ as soon as possible.
- Why Outlook PST cannot be found? (with solution)
- How to make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- How do I fix outlook not receiving emails? Fix (with solution)
- How do I fix outlook not sending emails? (Fix with Solution)