Outlook error 0x800ccc92 occurs while sending and receiving mails. And whenever this error occurs, users won’t able to access Outlook data. This error is also known as sending receiving reported error 0x800ccc92. This error could be dangerous as it increases the risk of data loss. It could occur due to multiple reasons. Here are some of them.
Causes of Outlook error 0x800ccc92
- Regular failure of POP3 & SMTP protocols from the server
- Corrupted Outlook PST Data File
- Virus affected Outlook emails
- Incorrect settings to Outlook while configuring the account
- Oversized PST File
- Incorrect username and password information
- Improper synchronization between Outlook and server
Symptoms of Outlook error 0x800ccc92
- Slow respond of Outlook
- The active program starts crashing
- The system starts freezing for a few seconds of time
- PST File inaccessible or unreadable
Now, look at some solutions to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc92
Method 1: Use the Inbox Repair tool
A corrupted PST file is one of the causes of the error. So, the best way to fix the error is to repair the corrupted or damaged PST file. To fix the issue, users can use the Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) that is present within the machine. So, go to the Scanpst.exe and fix the damaged PST file.
Method 2: Check Outlook Account Setting
A user must check the Outlook setting such as password, POP3 or SMTP login details, and other server info and a user must ensure that all this information is filled correctly to prevent Outlook error 0x800ccc92.
If the error occurs due to the password, then a user can reset the password for the Outlook account. Here are the steps to it:
- A user needs to go to the File option.
- Click on the Info and then select Account Setting
- And then, a user needs to choose the email address.
- Click on the Change option.
- Last, a user needs to update the new password.
Method 3: Check the size of the PST file
Many times the Outlook error 0x800ccc92 occurs due to the oversized PST file. Thus, a user should maintain the size of the PST file. Reducing the size of the PST file helps in many ways, like fix the error, improve the Outlook performance, and optimize Outlook.
While using Outlook, a user may experience issues like Outlook error 0x800ccc92, and as mentioned, there are various reasons behind the error. So to fix this error, users can use the given solutions.
- Why Outlook PST cannot be found? (with solution)
- How to make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- How do I fix outlook not receiving emails? Fix (with solution)
- How do I fix outlook not sending emails? (Fix with Solution)