Outlook error 0x800ccc0d is one of the errors of the Outlook that is faced by the many Outlook users time and again. This error generally occurs when a user tries to send or receive messages in the MS Outlook. This error arises when the Outlook is not able to detect the server. Due to the error, users cannot send or receive emails that lead them to stop their work.
Here are some causes that are responsible for the Outlook error 0x800ccc0d
- Out-dated antivirus
- Corrupt profile of a user in Outlook
- Registry faults
- Incorrect settings of Outlook account
- Issues related to network connection
- Firewall issue
To use the Outlook properly and to send and receive messages, it is required to solve the outlook error 0x800ccc0d. So, here are some solutions to troubleshoot the error.
Solutions to fix outlook error 0x800ccc0d
Method 1: Verify your internet connection
A user must check the internet connectivity as if the internet connection is not good, then it is natural that users end up facing the issue while using the MS outlook. So, to check the network connection, search something on your browser, and if the results come up, then the internet is not responsible for the error.
But if an error is displayed, then there is some internet connectivity error that leads to outlook error 0x800ccc0d. To fix it, check your router setting or local ISP setting. And now, check whether you are still facing the issue or not.
Method 2: Check the Outlook Setting
- Open Outlook and go to the Account Setting option.
- In the next step, select the name of the mailbox.
- Select the Change button.
- Now, click on the More Settings option under the Change Account box.
- Choose the Outgoing server tab.
- And then, click on the “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Last, check the port numbers of POP3 and SMTP connection.
Method 3: Check Firewall setting
There are chances that you face the outlook error 0x800ccc0d due to the firewall setting. It is possible that the firewall is blocking the ports required by Outlook to access the internet. So, a user needs to check the firewall setting and ensures that the Firewall is not blocking the connection for Outlook. Here are the steps to it:
- First, open the firewall setting.
- Now from the list of options, a user needs to check for the exception list.
- And then, a user needs to add Outlook to this list.
- Adding the Outlook in the list helps users to fix the outlook error 0x800ccc0d
Method 4: Clear registry
Another way to fix the error is to clean out the registry as the registry is one of the causes of the error, and it also slows down the system performance and speed.
We hope all these methods help users to solve the Outlook error0x800ccc0d. The outlook is the best for email service, so fix your error to use it.
Outlook errors and their Solution:
- Outlook PST cannot be found
- Make the font bigger in outlook
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails
- Outlook error 0x8004010f