Outlook error 0x80040115 is one of the common issues that a user might face while using Outlook. This error could occur anytime while you send or receive messages through Outlook. Whenever you send a mail, an error message pops up and stops you from sending mail. So it is necessary to fix the issue as soon as possible. But before the solution, a user must know the causes of the Outlook error 0x80040115. So, have a look at them.
Causes of Outlook error 0x80040115
- A problem with an internet connection
- Damaged or Corrupted PST file
- Damage due to virus or malware infection
- Due to the internal system conflict
- Improper installation of Outlook application
- Email server issues
- Oversized PST file
All these are some factors responsible for the Outlook error 0x80040115.
Symptoms of Outlook error 0x80040115
Whenever the issue occurs, the system ends up showing these symptoms:
- Frequently freezing of the system
- Hanging of system from time to time
- Slow and sluggish performance of the system
- The system shows outlook error 0x80040115 again and again
Some basic solutions to fix Outlook error 0x80040115
Method 1: Use the Inbox Repair tool
The inbox Repair tool is useful in fixing the damaged and corrupted PST file. So, a user can use the Inbox Repair tool to solve the issue. Here are the steps to it.
- First, a user is required to download the Inbox Repair utility.
- In the next step, install the program.
- Now, click on the Scan button.
- Then, a user is required to click on the Fix Errors button.
- Last, a user needs to restart the system.
Method 2: Change of Profile Setting
- In the beginning, go to the Control Panel.
- And then, a user is required to open up Mail.
- Next, a user needs to click on the Show Profile option.
- Now, select the Profile and then click on the Properties option.
- Select Email accounts.
- Click on the Change option.
- Then, click on the More Settings option.
- Go to the Security tab and ensures Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange is checked.
- Last, a user needs to click on the OK option.
Method 3: Use Safe mode
Many times, using Outlook on Safe mode helps users to fix the error. So, here are steps to it.
- Open Run box using Windows key and R key.
- Enter Outlook /safe on the box.
- Hit the enter
- Now, a user needs to try sending an email and check if the issue persists.
- If the issue has been resolved, remove add-ins.
The solutions given in the article are easy and simple. So, try them out to fix your Outlook error 0x80040115 issue. We wish that you could follow the steps to rectify the issues.
- Why Outlook PST cannot be found? (with solution)
- How to make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- How do I fix outlook not receiving emails? Fix (with solution)
- How do I fix outlook not sending emails? (Fix with Solution)