McAfee is the best-known antivirus across the globe. People can rely on the services of McAfee. It runs deep scan into your system to protect your system from the risky and unwanted files. McAfee helps the system to stay protected from viruses, malware, spyware, spam emails, and spam documents. It blocks the spam links that are very dangerous for your system professionally as well as personal documents.
We can know that Firefox is the browser and it helps you to browse or surf to the other websites.
What is McAfee’s web advisor?
Web advisor helps you to stop using the unprotected websites and try to protect your device from malware. It helps you to surf protectively from the unwanted websites on the web. It helps you to surf freely without any phishing experience. Some of the features of McAfee web advisor:
- More secure Downloads that filter your downloads and cautions you if we discover a malware
- Security Check that assesses to check whether your firewall and antivirus are enacted before you surf
- Safe Browsing utilizes a shading coded framework to tell you which connections are protected to click.
After having these brilliant features, there are some of the errors which can stop your antivirus to work further. One of the many issues is the McAfee web advisor not working in firefox.
One of the main reasons for this issue is the McAfee web advisor extension is not installed. You need to change the setting when the browser is updated. Then this will be the main reason for McAfee web advisor not working in Firefox issue.
You can also check Youtube video Tutorial here
Below are some of the troubleshooting steps which could help you to solve this error.
Re-enabling Firefox setting
You need to re-enable the settings of Firefox so that McAfee can work smoothly.
- Open Firefox.
- Snap the stacked menu symbol on the right.
- Select Add-ons.
- Snap Enable close to McAfee Web Advisor or Site Advisor.
Removing other security files
- Right-click on the Windows symbol and pick the Settings.
- From the Settings window, double-tap on the Apps segment.
- Select the Apps and Features tab on the left board.
- On the correct window, look down the page and discover another security programming, select it. At that point, click on the Uninstall catch to begin the evacuating procedure.
- After deleting the other security application, you need to restart the computer.
Read more McAfee related problems/errors here
We wish that through this article you get to know some of the reasons behind McAfee web advisor not working in Firefox error. Though the steps are quite easy. It is important to re-enable the Firefox settings. Sometimes due to the other security files running behind will lead to this issue. So we wish that you should follow the steps precisely.