The outlook is one of the leading email administrators which help in various other purposes. It is an Outlook Data File (.pst) that contains messages and other related documents or Outlook items and saved on the user computer. In computing language, PST stands for Personal Storage Table is an open proprietary file format that is created by Microsoft so that data like messages events and other Outlook items can be saved and stored. Well in this article you get to know How to import PST file in outlook. Let’s move further in the article. .Pst files are made while exporting any text or documents. Outlook duplicates your email to the .pst file.
Some of the important points:
- At the point when Outlook sends out messages to a .pst document or file, it incorporates any connections. Thus, when you import a .pst record, you’ll see your connections.
- Outlook doesn’t trade meta-information, for example, folder properties( perspectives, consents, and auto file settings); message manages; and impeded senders records. Thus, they won’t be imported
- At the point when Outlook trades email, contacts, and schedule data to a .pst, it duplicates the data. Nothing is erased from Outlook. You’ll observe and approach your email, contacts, and schedule in Outlook.
For importing any file to Microsoft Outlook, these are the following steps:-
- Open Outlook and at the top of the screen, a select tab named FILE. Choose Open & Export > Import/Export. This will begin the Import/Export Window.
- Choose Import from another program or file and then click on the button “NEXT”.
- Select Outlook Data File or Personal Storage Table (.pst) then click on the “Next” button.
- Search to the .pst file where the user wants to import. Under the options, select from the options which mean how to deal with the emails, files, and contacts, then select Next buttons.
- In case the user wanted to put some kind of security like a password on Outlook Data File then enter the password and then click the OK button.
- If the user is importing the items of .pst file into MS 365 mailbox then select on the mailbox if not then import items into the current folder.
- Select the Finish button and Outlook begins importing the item which the user has been selected. it is important to click the Finish button to save the changes.
We wish that through this article you get to know some of the ways How to import PST file in outlook. there are professionals who are there to help you to solve this issue as soon as possible. We wish that this article is useful for you to solve this issue.
- Why Outlook PST cannot be found? (with solution)
- How to make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- How do I fix outlook not receiving emails? Fix (with solution)
- How do I fix outlook not sending emails? (Fix with Solution)