The outlook is one of the reliable and well-known email services. It has many brilliant features, and it is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. However, while using Outlook users may encounter many issues. And outlook error ‘authentication failed’ is one of them. Outlook error authentication failed occurs when the email server cannot verify that your email access is authorized. There are other reasons, as well.
Causes of the outlook error authentication failed
- Due to the incorrect username
- Due to connecting with the wrong server
- Blacklisting is also responsible for the error.
- The incorrect password also causes the outlook error ‘authentication failed’
Now, look at some steps to resolve the outlook error authentication failed
Method 1: Reset the email password
One of the easiest ways to fix the error is to reset the email password. The steps of resetting the email password are quite simple and straight forward. One can easily reset the email password.
Method 2: Rearranging the Authentication Mode
- Initially, open the MS Outlook.
- Go to the tool, and here select Accounts.
- Now, click on the Mailing account option.
- Next, click on the More Options and then select the Outgoing server.
- In case Authentication Status is set to None, a user needs to click on the dropdown list and then choose Use Incoming Server Information.
- Click on the OK option and save the updated settings.
- In case Authentication Status is set to Use Incoming Server Information, then click on the dropdown list.
- Click on the None option and then select OK.
- A user needs to enter the username and password for the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Click on the OK option.
Method 3: Check your IP
There are chances that your local IP is blacklisted. So, in this case, wait for the Wait 24 hours and try again. If it still doesn’t work after 24 hours, check out local IP could be blacklisted. You can use a different internet connection to fix the error.
We hope a user can resolve the outlook error authentication failed by using the given method. Update your password b and also confirm your username. But in case you are not able to fix the error, then you can contact the experts. The professionals will look into your matter and solve your outlook error ‘authentication failed’.
More Outlook Related Articles:
- Outlook PST cannot be found
- Make the font bigger in outlook
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails
- Fix outlook not sending emails