MS Outlook is one of the famously known email administrations to send and receive messages. But, there are times when while sending an email message, you might face outlook error attachment exceeds allowable limit. It is one of the frustrating issues, and there are many reasons because of which you end up facing the error.
Causes of the error:
You may end up facing this error because Outlook 2013 and later versions have a default attachment size limit of 20 MB (20480 KB). And if your attachment limit is more than the limit of most service providers, then you face the outlook error attachment exceeds allowable limit
In case you are using an Exchange Server mailbox, then you end up facing this error when the total sum of the attachments exceeds the limit of 10 MB (10240 KB).
Steps to fix outlook error attachment exceeds allowable limit
Below are some methods which help the users to fix the error. So, have a look at them.
Method 1: Modify Outlook attachment limit
If your mail server allows a message up to a 25 MB limit, then you can modify the outlook attachment limit. But a user must back up the registry before making any changes to it. It helps the users to restore the system to its original state. So, here are the steps to it:
- Begin with pressing the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- It will open the run dialog box, and here type Regedit.
- Click on the OK option.
- Go to the registry tree and go to the entry corresponding to your Outlook version:
- Outlook 2019 and 2016: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\¬Software\-
- Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\¬Software\¬Microsoft\-
- Outlook 2010: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\¬Software\¬Microsoft\-
- Now, a user is required to double-click on the Maximum Attachment Size value.
- Enter the attachment limit in KB.
- Click on the OK option.
- Last, Close the Registry Editor.
Method 2: Compress to trim the files to size
Another way to fix the error is to resize the file. It is one of the easiest ways to solve the error. It helps the users to avoid the 20% of the original size of the document or file. Weight Diet for Outlook tool helps the users to fix the error. It ensures the limit of the files.
In case you are a Windows fanatic user, then go to the file and right-click on it. And then select the compress option.
We hope these methods help you to solve the outlook error attachment exceeds allowable limit and can send your messages without any error. A user can also split the files so that you can easily send them individually. So, try all these methods to get rid of your issue.
Outlook Errors and their Fix:
- Outlook PST cannot be found?
- Make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails?
- Outlook error 0x800ccc0d