Microsoft Outlook is an email administrator, and it also offers services like webmail, calendaring, contacts, and task services. It comes with many excellent and brilliant functions. However, while using it, users may face various issues and errors. Outlook error a program is trying to access is one of them.
Outlook usually shows this error when it doesn’t distinguish any antivirus software on your system or your antivirus software is outdated and when the Programmatic Access is set to Warn me about suspicious activity when my antivirus software is inactive or out-of-date (recommended).
Now, look at some simple troubleshooting solutions:
Method 1: Update and Install your antivirus software to fix
If you don’t have antivirus software in your system, then you need to install it. There are many antivirus software available in the market. So, choose the best one for you. And if you already have the antivirus software in your system, then check for the updates. Many times, outdated antivirus software is responsible for the error.
Method 2: Disable the Outlook security measure
These steps vary according to your Outlook version. So, pick according to your Outlook version to fix outlook error a program issue.
- Initially, click on the Tool option and then select Options.
- In the next step, click on the Trust Center.
- And then, click on Trust Center Settings.
- Now, click on the Programmatic Access.
- After that, a user needs to click on the Never warn me about suspicious activity.
Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, and Office 365
- First, click on the File options and then Options
- And then, Click Trust Center
- Now, select Trust Center Settings
- Next, a user needs to choose the Programmatic Access
- Last, click on the Never warn me about suspicious activity
To perform these steps, a user needs to run Outlook in the Administrator mode to allow changes. So, for this, right-click on the Outlook Icon and then choose Run as Administrator. After that, adjust the setting. In last, close and restart Outlook.
We wish the methods given in the article will help you to resolve your outlook error a program is trying to access. All you need to do is just following the steps and try to do that correctly. All of these methods are not difficult.
Outlook Errors and their Fix:
- Outlook PST cannot be found?
- Make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails?
- Outlook error 0x800ccc0d