The OST file is located on your computer’s hard drive and it acts as a local copy that saves changes made on Outlook in the lack of internet connectivity by enabling the cached exchange mode. Since the OST file is incorporate of emails, settings, reminders, etc. Henceforth the OST file needs to synchronize with the interchange server to show the changes you made offline. In this article, we talked about how to delete an OST file.
Some of the common causes of the damaged or corrupted OST file:
- Serious Virus might affect the device
- Worst sectors in the hard drive
- Inappropriate turn off Outlook
- Issues or breakdowns while synchronizing the OST information with the Exchange server information.
- Storage issues and some more
After knowing some of the causes of this, then it is easy to delete the OST file. Below are some of the steps you can follow to delete the OST file:
Method 1: Manually deleting OST file
You need to click the Window key + R to open the Run box.
Copy and Paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook in the Run box and then, Press the OK button.
This process will lead you to the OST data file location.
Now, Locate and Right-click on the corrupt OST file that you want to delete files.
In the last, press the Delete option.
Method 2: Check the Outlook Setting
- Open Outlook and go to the Account Setting option.
- In the next step, select the name of the mailbox.
- Select the Change button.
- Now, click on the More Settings option under the Change Account box.
- Choose the Outgoing server tab.
- And then, you need to tab “My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
- Last, check the port numbers of POP3 and SMTP connection.
Now the question arises why it is important to delete the OST file:
Manually deleting and resetting OST file is always complicated and riskier compared to the dependable method using Remo Convert OST to PST tool. Recovering emails from OST file by deleting and recreating the OST file has some drawbacks.
We wish that this article helps you to know some of the steps to rectify the issue of deleting the OST file as soon as possible. It is important to have a strong internet connection for the smooth functioning of the device. You need to delete an OST file and after making any changes restart the device. We wish that through this article users get to solve the outlook error ‘pst cannot be found’ as soon as possible.
More Outlook Errors with Solutions:
- Outlook PST cannot be found?
- Make the font bigger in outlook?
- Outlook error code 21999
- Fix outlook not receiving emails?
- Outlook error 0x800ccc0d